Mr. Patrick Baeder
- 6th Degree Black Belt in TaeKwonDo
- 5th Degree Black Belt in HapKiDo
- Certified Master Level Martial Artist
- Certified Head Instructor
- Licensed International Instructor
- AKC Certified Kettlebell Coach
- WKC Certified Kettlebell Master Fitness Trainer
- Internationally Ranked Kettlebell Lifter
- 1st place — 2011 Korean Martial Art Forms Championships
- 1st place — 2009 Capital City Jam Competition
- 1st place — 2004 American TaeKwonDo Championships
- Instructed TaeKwonDo for Auburn City Schools after school program
- U.S. Army Airborne Ranger Qualified Infantry Officer
- Military Combatives Instructor to U.S. Army Infantry and Special Forces (Green Berets)
- Active Shooter: What You Should Do, Emergency Management Institute, Certificate of Achievement
- Bachelors of Science, Guilford College
- Married to Francesca Adler-Baeder, Professor of Human Development and Family Studies, Auburn University
- Father of four
Master Killingsworth has over twenty years of TaeKwonDo training under his belt, with over 15 years as a Certified TaeKwonDo instructor. He taught for several years in Mobile, AL before moving to Auburn where he achieved his current rank of 5th degree (Oh Dan) in TaeKwonDo.
You may recognize Master Killingsworth from the halls of Auburn Junior High School where he has taught for ten years, although he has enjoyed teaching mathematics and science in the state of Alabama for 28 years. He earned degrees in Mathematics and Chemistry from Auburn University in 1985, his Master’s degree in Educational Administration from the University of South Alabama in 1992, and he has continued his graduate work at Auburn University towards a Doctoral degree in Educational Psychology. So, not only is Master Killingsworth a extraordinary instructor, he’s also one smart cookie!
Married to Annette for 26 years, Master Killingsworth has two beautiful daughters – Kristen is a 2nd Degree Black Belt, and Allison is a Blue Belt. When he’s not teaching TaeKwoDo or math, you might find him working in his garden … but don’t challenge him to a game of Monopoly unless you’re prepared to lose!
Training with Mr. Patrick for over ten years, Mrs. JoAnne has reached 3rd Degree Black Belt level. Her favorite part of training is doing forms, especially Toe Gye. She truly enjoys working with children in the dojang and appreciates how they interact with one another. She would like to become a Master Instructor one day, and is glad to be able to work toward that goal as she helps children work toward their martial arts goals.
Ms. JoAnne works as a machine operator assembling medical kits that are used all over the southeast. Happily married for 20 years, Mrs. JoAnne enjoys being active in church and singing in the choir. When she really wants to be lazy, however, you can find her watching her favorite TV show, “The Little Vampire.”
Training at Auburn Academy for two years, Miss Jisong, a 3rd degree black belt in TaeKwonDo, is our newest staff member. Before training here, she studied for four years in Korea with Master Jung Soo Ham. She won First Place in Woosuk University’s National Competition in 2012. That same year, she won Third Place at the Korean National Sports University’s National Competition
Miss Jisong is currently a senior at Auburn High School. Like most teenagers, she enjoys listening to music and meeting friends to hang out. She also enjoys playing tennis when she’s not at the dojang.